2006 FRC Season
Team 254 had a very solid 2006 season with our robot Black Knight, winning the Silicon Valley and Pacific Northwest Regionals and leading our championship alliance to the divisional semifinals.
Aim High – The Challenge
Aim High was the 2006 game for the FIRST Robotics Competition. The competition involved teams competing to gain points by delivering balls into goals and positioning their robots in certain positions on the playing field. The teams took it in turn to provide defence and attack. More Information can be found on Wikipedia .
Black Knight – The Robot
- Name Black Knight
- Status Displayable
- Weight 120 lbs
- Size 27″ x 37″ x 59″
- Pacific Northwest Regional Champion
- Silicon Valley Regional Champion, Sportsmanship Award
- FIRST Championship
- WRRF Calgames
- Fast, 6-wheel drivetrain using “dog” shifting (2 speeds – 16 ft/sec and 5 ft/sec)
- Can pick balls up off ground and recieve from human player
- Able to shoot in center goal using a shooting wheel powered by two CIM motors
- Large, exposed wheels allow for easy ramp climbing.
- Free-spinning bar prevents driving up on balls.