2008 FRC Season – FIRST Overdrive
Team 254 had a spectacular 2008 season with our robot Barricade, winning the Silicon Valley Regional and the San Diego Regional and making it to the division finals at the FIRST Championship.
Overdrive – The Challenge
FIRST Overdrive was the 2008 game for the FIRST Robotics Competition, announced on January 5, 2008. In it, teams competed to complete counterclockwise laps around a central barrier while manipulating large 40 in (1 m) diameter “Trackballs” over and under overpasses to score additional points. More Information can be found on Wikipedia .
Barricade – The Robot
- Name Barricade
- Status Displayable
- Weight 120 lbs
- Size 27″ x 37″ x 59″
- Silicon Valley Regional Champion, GM Industrial Design Award
- Hawaii Regional Champion, Motorola Quality Award
- FIRST Championship Galileo Division Finalist
- Tempest ‘n Tampa
- Fast, 6-wheel drivetrain system (2 speeds – 18.5 ft/sec and 6 ft/sec)
- Intake can pick up ball from ground.
- Vertical Elevator raises ball to launching height and ball is launched with pneumatic ram