2010 FRC Season – Breakaway
Team 254 had a fantastic 2010 season with our robot Onslaught, winning two regionals and the Archimedes division at the FIRST Championship.
Breakaway – The Challenge
Breakaway is the game for the 2010 FIRST Robotics Competition, announced on January 9, 2010. Robots direct soccer balls into goals, traverse “bumps” in the field, suspend themselves and each other on towers, and/or go through a tunnel located in the center of the field. More Information can be found on Wikipedia .
Onslaught – The Robot
- Name Onslaught
- Status Displayable
- Weight 118 lbs
- Size 27″ x 37″ x 17″
- Build Blog Blog
- Silicon Valley Regional Champion, Industrial Design Award
- Las Vegas Regional Champion, Motorola Quality Award
- FIRST Championship Archimedes Division Champion, Coopertition Award
- WRRF Calgames Champion, ADM CAD AWARD,
Best Autonomous Mode Award
- 8 Wheel Drivetrain System with two speed gearboxes. (High Gear at 15.5fps, Low Gear at 5.5fps). Center four wheels are lowered and are larger than outer four to allow for maximum maneuverability.
- Adjustable Kicker powered by springs can kick ball to any position on field.
- Dual roller system “pinches” ball and can keep control of ball through heavy maneuvering.
- 2 Jointed Arm powered off of Power Take-Off (PTO) can lift robot extremely quickly.
- Arm is collapsible to allow the robot to drive under the tunnel.
- Arm can be used to right the robot if tipped. (Never used in competition)