2012 FRC Season – Rebound Rumble
Team 254 had a great 2012 season with our robot Skyfire. We won the Silicon Valley regional and were finalists in both the Championship Curie Division and the Central Valley Regional.
Rebound Rumble – The Challenge
Rebound Rumble is the 2012 FIRST Robotics Competition game. It is styled similarly to basketball where robots manipulate and shoot 8″ foam baskeballs into four hoops on each side of the field. Alliances battle it out to score the most basketballs. At the end of the match, robots must balance on bridges to gain bonus points. During qualification matches, a special Coopertition bridge can be used to gain extra qualification points. More Information can be found on Wikipedia .
Skyfire – The Robot
- Silicon Valley Regional Champion, Industrial Design Award, Dean’s List Finalist Award to Eric Bakan
- Central Valley Regional Finalist, Industrial Design Award, Website Award
- FIRST Championship Curie Division Finalist
- WRRF Calgames Tournament Champions
- Quick and highly maneuverable 8 wheel drive. Driven by Two-speed gearbox with pneumatic brake with max speed of 20+ ft/sec
- Fast and reliable three ball wide intake acquires balls from floor, bridge or on other robots’ bumpers
- Hopper can receive balls from human player and other robots
- Long-range adjustable shooter with camera-based targeting and auto-aligning functionality
- High-Speed Bump Traversal with auto-retracting”pop-up wheels”
- Bridge Lowering Capability and assisted balancing with “Dingus” Bridge-Balancing Device
- Multi-ball and bridge-manipulating autonomous modes, configurable on-the-fly.