2015 FRC Season
Team 254 had a great 2015 season with our robot Deadlift. We won the Silicon Valley Regional and the Central Valley regional. We were also quarter-finalists in the Championship Carson Division.
Recycle Rush – The Challenge
Recycle Rush is the 2015 FIRST Robotics Competition game. More Information can be found on Wikipedia .
Deadlift – The Robot
- Name Deadlift
- Status Fully Functional
- Size 28″ W x 42″ L x 77″ H (excluding RAMPage)
- Weight 119lbs
- Quick and highly maneuverable 6 wheel drive (chain-in-tube West Coast Drive). Driven by 4 mini-CIMs in single speed gearboxes with max speed of 12 ft/sec.
- Pair of intake arms on front each with a pair of rubber wheels sucks in totes from the landfill even when perpendicular to robot.
- 2 independently driven carriages with pneumatically actuated friction brakes in the elevator allow for stacking totes, grabbing cans (upright or horizontal) and squeezing the totes so as to not drop the stack when driving quickly.
- Can tether to a 6′ long ramp (RAMPage) to stack 6 totes in 8 seconds from the human player station.
- Consistent 3 tote + 1 can autonomous.
- Max performance is coopertition stack + 4 stacks of 6 with cans (grabs 1 can off step during tele-op).
Deadlift is designed to play Recycle Rush and can quickly and efficiently manipulate totes and recycling cans. Deadlift can build and score stacks of 6 totes and can Coopertate.