2018 FRC Season – FIRST Power Up
For the 2018 season, Team 254 competed with our robot, Lockdown. The team had a very successful season, winning two regionals and the FIRST Championship in Houston. Lockdown is also the undefeated robot in official play.
FIRST Power Up – The Challenge
FIRST Power Up is the game for the 2018 FIRST Robotics Competition. The game is played by two alliances of three teams each. Their robots compete on a field by placing milk crates which represent power cubes on large balancing scales in order to tip the scales and gain ownership. Alliances can also trade power cubes in for temporary advantages called power ups. At the end of the match, robots can climb or assist a partner in climbing the tower attached to the balancing scale, located on the center of the field, using a rung attached to the tower for additional points. More Information can be found on Wikipedia .
Lockdown – The Robot
- Name Lockdown
- Status In service
- Size 28″ W x 33″ L x 54″ H
- Weight 119 lbs
- Record 53-0-0
- 6 wheel drive with two-speed shift-on-the-fly transmission
- Pivoting intake mounted on two-stage continuous-rigged elevator can grab cubes and score them forwards or backwards at multiple heights
- Deployable forklifts to hang with an alliance partner
- Spline-based path generation during autonomous