2019 FRC Season – Destination: Deep Space
For the 2019 season, Team 254 competed with our robot, Backlash. The team had a successful season, winning the San Francisco and Silicon Valley Regional, and they were Einstein finalists at the FIRST Championship in Houston. During the offseason, Backlash won Team 254’s own Chezy Champs and performed well at the 2019 Madtown Throwdown.
Destination: Deep Space – The Challenge
Destination: Deep Space is the game for the 2019 FIRST Robotics Competition. The game involves two alliances of three teams each competing to place hatch covers and rubber balls or “cargo” on rockets and cargo ships before returning to their hab platform to climb at the end of the match. More information can be found on Wikipedia .
Backlash – The Robot
- Name Backlash
- Status In service
- Size 27.5″ W x 28″ L x 47.5″ H
- Weight 120 lbs
- 6 wheel, two-speed west coast drive
- Turret with Limelight-powered automatic vision target tracking
- Single-stage elevator with double-jointed articulating arm
- Combination intake can grab cargo and hatch panels.
- Suction pad climber deployed via a bi-stable overcenter linkage