The 7th Annual Bellarmine VEX Tournament, hosted by Team 254, will be held November 21-22, 2014 project management web app. The event is free for spectators. The best time to watch is from the alliance selection process (3pm Saturday), through the finals, which will finish by 6:30pm.
- Changes from Last Year
- Tournament Location & Parking
- Northern California VRC Championship Qualifications
- Information for Competitors
- Information for Novices
Changes from Last Year
- There are more teams competing, so if you can, please get inspected on Friday evening (6 – 8pm). We’ll officially open the pits at 7am and start inspections at 7:15am on Saturday.
- We will have a photo booth setup with a backdrop for professional looking photos of your robot and/or team. This will be located next to the skills challenge field on the 2nd floor of the Sobrato building.
- We will have a competition Instagram: Use #BELLVEX in Instagram during the tournament and see your picture appear on displays in the Pits and in Sobrato.
|Friday, November 21, 2014|
|6 pm – 8 pm||Check-In and Inspection (in Liccardo)|
|7 pm – 9 pm||Practice time for teams|
|Saturday, November 22, 2014|
|7:00 am||Pit Area and Registration Opens (in Liccardo)|
|8:00 am||Check-in Deadline for teams (at Pit Admin in Liccardo)|
|7:15 am – 8:30 am||Inspection (in Liccardo)|
|7:30 am – 8:30 am||Practice Rounds (in Sobrato Theater)|
|8:30 am – 8:45 am||Driver’s Meeting (in Sobrato Theater)|
|8:30 am – 9:30 am||Sign up for judging interview (at Pit Admin table)|
|8:45 am||Welcome (in Sobrato Theater)|
|9:00 am – 12:30pm||Qualifying Rounds (in Sobrato Theater)|
|12:30 pm – 1:00 pm||Lunch Break (We will have Pizza Order Forms)|
|1:00 pm – 2:35 pm||Qualifying Rounds Continue (in Sobrato Theater)|
|2:45 pm||Alliance Selection Process (in Sobrato Theater)|
|3:00 pm – 5:30 pm||Elimination Rounds (in Sobrato Theater)|
|~5:30 pm – 6:30 pm||Finals, Awards, Closing Ceremony (in Sobrato Theater)|
Tournament Location & Parking
Bellarmine College Preparatory 960 W. Hedding St. San Jose, CA 95126
For the competition, the pits are in Liccardo cafeteria and the competition fields in Sobrato theater. These are #6 and #7 on the campus map at: //www.bcp.org/about-us/our-campus/index.aspx.
Street parking is very limited due to permit parking restrictions. There is additional parking by Emory and Stockton streets. Check in with the Pit Admin when you arrive, who will provide you with a map of the tournament facilities.
Northern California VRC Championship Qualifications
We are qualifying 8 teams for the Northern California VRC State Championship:
- 3 Team Winning Alliance
- 3 Team Finalists
- 1 Design Award winner
- 1 Excellence Award winner
- Excellence Award
- Design Award
- Judges Award
- Sportsmanship Award
We will offer pizza for preorder. Info will be sent in a different email. We will have a few pasta dinners available for Friday night and will be offering snacks and drinks on Saturday.
Information For Competitors
- If you cannot arrive before close of check-in at 8am, please call or text (preferred): 408-377-5330 or email: [email protected]
- If you want to be considered for the Excellence or Design awards, you will need to sign up for an interview by 9:30am. Go to the Pit Admin to schedule (or change your appointment time if needed). The interview rooms are on the second floor of the Sobrato Theater building near the swimming pool.
- The skills challenge field is also on the 2nd floor of the Sobrato theater building. Teams are not limited to the number of attempts, however, any team with fewer than 3 attempts can move ahead of other teams waiting in line.
- Bring your signed VEX competition waiver, available at: //www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/vrc-participant-release-form.pdf.
- Check the match schedule when it is published and make sure you are ready for each match. We try hard to keep matches running on time.
- Be sure your robot is ready for inspection. Double check the requirements here: //www.roboticseducation.org/documents/2013/06/inspection-checklist-vrc.pdf.
- Have fully charged batteries for each match.
- Be sure the drivers and coach have safety glasses when they arrive at the field to compete.
- Bring a power strip. We should have an outlet within 6′ of your table for you to plug into.
- WiFi will be available in the pits
- A Help Desk will be available with a limited supply of parts should anything break or you are unable to pass inspection
Information For Novices
It is highly recommended for you to arrive Friday to go through the inspection and try a couple practice matches. Friday will be much more relaxed and our inspectors will be able to help you through the inspection process. Also, our field managers will be able to guide you through the competition process. Be sure to bring fully charged batteries, chargers, spare parts and tools in case anything breaks. Ensure your VEXnet keys are working well.